The day has finally arrived, Conor McGregor has apparently put an end to the stagnation bit. He has agreed to fight Dustin Poirier.
After months of speculations Conor McGregor has finally and officially announced his UFC comeback. The Notorious One, who fought only once in 2020, declared another retirement stint in June, and though still was making headlines because of the stature he holds, but the question that never dosed off in the period was– when will be put this stretch of inactivity in the bin, and go back to the place where he belongs?
Now, much to the delight of his fans and MMA enthusiasts all around, Conor McGregor has revealed he has accepted the offer to fight Dustin Poirier, and moreover wants to set foot in the ring in 2020 itself. However, this apparent eagerness to fight in 2020, is seemingly his only condition.
Also read: Conor McGregor Announces Comeback: Reveals What Happened Earlier in The Year That Made Him Quit UFC
Conor McGregor Agrees To Fight Dustin Poirier
On Thursday, October 8, The Mystic Man took to twitter to disclose about the acceptance. He, in reply to Dustin Poirier’s earlier post, in which the Diamond asked him “What’s Up? “, wrote “Hello Dustin! I accepted the offer to fight you, but told them it must happen in 2020. I’m ready for Nov 21st, given that cards recent injury issues, as well as any of the December dates, the 12th and the 19th. I’ll also still donate the $500k to The Good Fight Foundation.”
Hello Dustin! I accepted the @ufc offer to fight you, but told them it must happen in 2020. 🙏 https://t.co/23hN4AHtoI
— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) October 8, 2020
Dustin Poirier acknowledged the charity gesture by Conor, and in reply conveyed, “We’ll get it worked out! Good man, We will use the donation to open a Boxing/MMA Academy on the side of town me and @dc_mma grew up were the tuition for the kids will be good grades.”
! Good man, We will use the donation to open a Boxing/MMA Academy on the side of town me and @dc_mma grew up were the tuition for the kids will be good grades.🙏 https://t.co/gfy7lMUBtp
— The Diamond (@DustinPoirier) October 8, 2020
McGregor, earlier proposed a charity fight in front of Poirier, and offered December 12 as the date, which Dustin accepted as well, however after becoming aware about the personal agreement between the two hugely popular fighters, UFC evidently intervened and efforts were in place to get the fight under the purview of the promotion. And Now with this tweet by the Irishman, it appears that plans have come to fruition. However, an official statement by UFC is awaited, and in next few hours a major announcement regarding Conor McGregor Vs. Dustin Poirier 2, can be made.
Click Here For More UFC News