That is the web model of our day by day publication, The Morning Win. Subscribe to get irreverent and incisive sports activities tales, delivered to your mailbox each morning.
Final month on the PGA Championship, Brooks Koepka used a post-round interview to seemingly take a shot at Dustin Johnson, a golfer he as soon as thought-about a detailed buddy.
Koepka, who was within the hunt for the lead on the time — the match was ultimately received by Collin Morikawa — remarked that there have been a number of names forward of him on the leaderboard, however implied that he didn’t concern a lot of them. It was then he took his shot at Johnson.
“Loads of the blokes on the leaderboard, I don’t assume have received, I assume DJ has solely received one. I don’t know a number of the opposite guys up there,” Koepka mentioned.
The “solely received one” was a reference to Johnson’s one main win. Koepka has received 4 majors — the PGA Championship twice, and the U.S. Open twice. Johnson might have received much more tournaments on the tour than Koepka, as Rory McIlroy identified in defending Johnson, however with regards to majors, Koepka does have him.
Who is aware of if it’s what has motivated him, however since Koepka’s remarks, DJ has:
* Completed second within the PGA Championship
* Received The Northern Belief
* Completed second within the BMW Championship in a playoff
* Received the Tour Championship
That FedEx Cup victory gave Koepka a $15 million test, which if you happen to mix along with his final performances, gave him a month the place he earned over $18 million enjoying golf.
Johnson hasn’t mentioned a phrase about Koepka, however he hasn’t wanted to. The golf (and the money) has completed all of the speaking he wants.
Tuesday’s Huge Winner: Jaylen Brown
Lots of people had been bagging on Jaylen Brown after his Recreation 4 efficiency in opposition to the Raptors, however the Celtics’ swingman got here out and shut everybody proper up with a ridiculous dunk in Recreation 5. NBA Twitter went nuts for the dunk, and the Celtics cruised to a victory.
Fast hits: Joe West is doing bizarre stuff, Skip Bayless ate crow, and extra
* Joe West tossed the Nats’ normal supervisor from a recreation, then mentioned he’d do the identical to Donald Trump, then mentioned he’s voting for Donald Trump. Your guess is pretty much as good as mine.
* Skip Bayless admitted LeBron James is clutch. Solely took a couple of decade however we received there.
* Our personal Henry McKenna broke down a possible catastrophe for all 32 NFL groups. Learn it to see your grisly NFL nightmare come to life.