- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
‘Zola’ Stripper Story: James Franco to Direct Zola Movie, Based on Viral ‘Twitter Epic’
- Updated: February 6, 2016
Aziah ‘Zola’ Wells, a stripper who wrote one of the best stories of all time on Twitter, is about to see her Florida experience on the big screen.
James Franco has nabbed himself a new directing gig and he’s looking at a movie based on stripper Azia “Zola” Wells’ tweeted road trip to Florida. The film will be based on Rolling Stone’s published story titled “Zola Tells All: The Real Story Behind the Greatest Stripper Saga Ever Tweeted”.
David Kushner wrote the article published in November and billed it as an exclusive account of Wells’ 148-tweet about her October road trip to Florida with her friend Jessica, Jessica’s boyfriend Jarrett, and Jessica’s violent Nigerian pimp named “Z”. Kushner described it as ” ‘Spring Breakers’ meets ‘Pulp Fiction,’ as told by Nicki Minaj.”
Franco is producing the movie with Vince Jolivette under their Rabbit Bandini Productions banner, Christine Vachon and David Hinojosa of Killer Films as well as Gia Walsh and Kara Baker of Gigi Films. Andrew Neel and Mike Roberts are writing the movie’s script.
Sportact Editors and Wire Services