- Rougned Odor contract extension by giving him two horses
- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Updated: March 9, 2016
ESPN’s Ed Werder reports that New York Giants wide receiver Victor Cruz has essentially been given an ultimatum by the team: take a pay cut, or else he will be released by the team.
Negotiations on a new deal are underway, Werder reports.
The Giants are looking to avoid paying him $7.9 million in base salary with a $9.9 million salary cap hit, which is the second-most on the team behind quarterback Eli Manning. Cruz is signed with New York through the 2018 season after inking a five-year, $43 million deal in 2013.
Victor Cruz missed the 2015 season as he tended to a calf injury and underwent surgery. He has not played since being sidelined by a patellar tendon injury in October 2014.
In 2011, Victor Cruz posted a career-high 1,536 yards with nine touchdowns, but declined in the seasons that followed as he dealt with injuries.
NFL free agency will begin on Wednesday.