Tyler Sash: “Ex-Giant” died of accidental mixed drug toxicity, coroner says

Tyler Sash: Ex-Giant died of accidental mixed drug toxicity, coroner says

Tyler Sash died of an overdose of two different pain medications following a history of painful injuries, a medical examiner concluded this week.

According to a press release Tyler Sash, who was 27-years-old, died from an “accidental mixed drug toxicity” of methadone and hydrocodone. The release also cites a recent shoulder dislocation and a history of chronic shoulder pain as significant conditions.

Tests are being conducted to determine whether the degenerative brain disease chronic traumatic encephalopathy, which has been found in some athletes who have a history of repetitive brain injury, was present in Sash’s brain. Those tests can take from eight to twelve months.

Tyler Sash was found dead at his home in Oskaloosa on September 8th.