- Rougned Odor contract extension by giving him two horses
- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
Tony Stewart confronts fan at Chili Bowl Nationals “Watch”
- Updated: January 19, 2016
Tony Stewart confronts off-duty deputy in stands at Chili Bowl Nationals.
Long under fire for having a temper, Tony Stewart opened himself to more criticism Friday night during the auto racing’s top midget event of the year.
The three-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion apparently had heard enough from a Chili Bowl Nationals fan to confront him. Stewart went into the grandstands to approach the man.
Most of the scene was caught on video, and it wasn’t Stewart’s best moment. The fan can be heard saying he never liked Stewart, and the two exchanged words. The fan appeared to push Stewart, who continued to yell at the man for a few more seconds. Another man moved the fan back into his seat.
Whether Stewart was in the right isn’t really the point; as a public figure he is best served to walk away rather than get into a confrontation.
Social media was abuzz with the interaction, and very few of the comments on Facebook and Twitter were supportive of Stewart, although the crowd at the event can be heard chanting Stewart’s name.
Sportact Editors and Wire Services