- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Tony Steward: Buffalo Bills linebacker loses fiancee ‘Brittany Burns’ to cancer
- Updated: February 5, 2016
Tony Steward announced the heartbreaking news that his fiancée passed away on Feb. 2 at the age of 26 after a battle with ovarian cancer.
“You have the biggest heart I have ever seen in my entire life and I promise you that it will live on in me, our family and every single soul you have touched,” the 23-year-old wrote.
“You have been my rock, my motivation, my heart, my soulmate, my everything since the day I laid eyes on you. Every single day of your life you have been a fighter and I know this because of the unbelievable family you brought me into.”
After three years of dating, Tony proposed to Brittany, shortly before her diagnosis came to light in December. Together the couple created the Fight Like a Girl campaign — which raises money and awareness for ovarian cancer.
The couple met at Clemson University, where Steward played football, and Burns was a member of the rowing team. Steward was a sixth-round pick of the Bills in 2015, and had two tackles last season.
According to her Twitter bio, Brittany Burns resided in Orchard Park with Steward. She was being treated for cancer at the University of Pennsylvania.
The Bills released the following statement of the news:
“The Buffalo Bills are saddened to learn about the passing of Brittany Burns, the fiancée of linebacker Tony Steward. From the day Brittany arrived in Buffalo with Tony, she was an active member in the community through the Buffalo Bills Women’s Association. Our prayers and heartfelt condolences go out to Tony Steward and the family of Brittany Burns during this most difficult time.”
Our thoughts are with her loved ones in the wake of this tragedy.
Sportact Editors and Wire Services