- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Tisha Merry has quit the cobbles after four years
- Updated: December 21, 2016
Tisha Merry has quit the soap, after almost four years on the Cobbles.
The 23-year-old has reportedly filmed her last ‘dramatic’ scenes for the soap, which will air in early 2017.
This may have a knock-on effect for other characters like Steph’s boyfriend Andy, played by Oliver Farnworth, and brother Luke, played by Dean Fagan.
The Sun claims viewers may have already known Weatherfield waitress Steph was leaving as she was spotted filming scenes at an airport in November. Could she be jetting off to safety with the hapless Andy?
Tisha Merry, who is great friends with Tracy Barlow’s alter-ego Kate Ford, has been in Corrie since February 2013 and her contract with ITV was due to end in 2017.
A telly insider said: ‘Tish has had an amazing couple of years where she’s been at the fore of some of Corrie’s biggest storylines, but feels it’s now time for a change.’
Fellow Corrie star Cath Tyldesley had already hinted that Tisha would be leaving before time by saying she’d miss the actress in an Instagram caption.
Steph is currently involved in a plot line which will see Andy attempt to rob the bistro where she works, in order to pay off psychopathic blackmailer Pat Phelan.