- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Tara Palmer Tomkinson: “Former IT girl” reveals she had brain tumor
- Updated: November 20, 2016
Tara Palmer-Tomkinson Reveals She Has Been Living With A Brain Tumour For A Year.
Tara Palmer-Tomkinson, who was known as a so-called “It Girl”, said that she feared she was going to die when a doctor told her she had a brain tumour.
She told the Daily Mail: “I went to the doctors to talk about my latest blood test results when I got back from skiing in January. I said: ‘What does this mean? Can you translate it?’ And the doctor said: ‘As I suspected, you have a brain tumour’.
“I got terribly frightened. I started thinking, ‘I’m going to die, I’m going to die. I’ve only got a couple of weeks to live.’ Stuff like that.”
However, she has since received treatment for the non-malignant growth in her pituitary gland and the tumour has now cleared.
The former I’m A Celebrity contestant also said that the blood tests showed that she was suffering from an auto-immune disease which causes tiredness, joint pain and acute anaemia.
Tomkinson hit out at press coverage which presumed that her ill-health had been the result of drug usage.
She said: “It has been really hard. This whole summer was quite bad. There were pictures of me going shopping with my sister. I’ve got white pyjamas on and was just leaving the hospital to go shopping.”