- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Takata Airbag Recall Expands To Include 4.3 Million Fiat Chrysler ‘Details’
- Updated: June 3, 2016
Ford is expanding the existing Takata airbag recall to include 2007-11 Ford Ranger pickup trucks for defective passenger-side airbag inflators.
Affected by the latest Takata action are 2007-2010 Ford Edge, 2006-2011 Fusion, 2005-2011 Mustang, 2007-2011 Ranger, 2007-2010 Lincoln MKX and 2006-2011 MKZ, Zephyr and Mercury Milan, assembled in North America.
They number a total of 1,896,443 units in the United States and federalized territories, 1,304 in Canada and just one in Mexico that will have to be taken back to the dealers, who will replace the front passenger airbag inflator free of charge. The recall doesn’t include the front airbag inflators on the driver’s side and Ford are not aware of any injuries in their vehicles, related to this condition.
Cars/crossovers equipped with the defective parts have been known to send metal fragments throughout the cabin in case of an accident, due to prolonged exposure to high humidity and temperatures, as they lack a desiccant to absorb moisture. Over the years, shrapnel coming from ruptured airbags claimed at least 13 lives globally and more than 100 people have been injured.