- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Super Bowl 50 ticket price averages a mere $5,178 – Details
- Updated: January 26, 2016
Tickets for Super Bowl 50 are going for the highest prices in the game’s history, with an average resale price of $5,178 on StubHub.
According to SeatGeek, after the conference championship games on Sunday, the average price for a ticket to the Super Bowl was $5,335. That is the most expensive average ticket for a Super Bowl two weeks before the Big Game in the last six years. In fact, none of the last five Super Bowls had an average resale price greater than $3,964 (2014). It would seem safe to assume that this year’s game is also more expensive than any of the Super Bowls prior to 2011.
What could help fans is that typically prices drop as the game approaches. Four of the past five Super Bowls had cheaper average tickets just before the game, with the lone exception being last year’s Super Bowl between the Patriots and Seahawks.
Sportact Editors and Wire Services