- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Ryan Collins Hack: Man charged with hacking celebrities’ nude photos – Details
- Updated: March 18, 2016
Ryan Collins used email to hack into hundreds of Apple and Google accounts between November 2012 and September 2014, and has reached a plea deal with prosecutors.
Ryan Collins, 36, was accused of gaining access to more than 100 Google and Apple accounts, many belonging to famous women, between November 2012 and September 2014.
He will plead guilty to one count of gaining unauthorized access to a protected computer to obtain information, the US attorney’s office said.
Ryan Collins used a scheme called phishing in which he was able to get victims to provide information about their accounts in response to emails that appeared to come directly from Apple and Google, according to prosecutors. In some instances, he was able to obtain all the files his victims had stored online, including nude photos and videos.
No celebrities are identified in a plea agreement filed Tuesday. There is no evidence Collins posted any of the pilfered images online, the US attorney’s office stated.
Ryan Collins was charged as part of an investigation into the posting of nude photos of numerous celebrities, including Jennifer Lawrence and model Kate Upton, but he is not suspected of being involved in releasing those images, a news release stated.
Attorney information for Ryan Collins was not immediately available.
An investigation into who stole and posted images of Lawrence and dozens of other female stars is ongoing.
In February, an Oregon man agreed to plead guilty to stealing nude or explicit images from 13 people, including some unidentified celebrities. Andrew Helton of Astoria, Oregon, faces up to five years in prison when he is sentenced 2 June.
Authorities have said Helton is not suspected of being involved in the theft of the images of Lawrence and others.
Federal prosecutors in Los Angeles have gotten convictions of several men accused of stealing nude images, including images of Scarlett Johansson and Mila Kunis. They also prosecuted the man who surreptitiously videotaped television sports reporter Erin Andrews in her hotel room and posted the video online. Michael David Barrett was sentenced to 27 months in prison in that case.