- Rougned Odor contract extension by giving him two horses
- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
Rougned Odor contract extension by giving him two horses
- Updated: April 1, 2017
Venezuelan Pelotero Rougned Odor’s $50 Million Rangers Contract Includes Two Horses.
The Rangers announced a 6-year, $49.5 million contract with second baseman Rougned Odor on Thursday. According to Evan Grant of the Dallas Morning News, a pair of equines helped broker the deal.
Odor, notorious for blasting Blue Jays’ Jose Bautista in the face during a game last May, has a penchant for horses.
Odor revealed in Scott Miller’s Bleacher Report profile that he owns four cutting horses in Valencia, Venezuela. The horses are traditionally used in the Venezuelan sport of toros coleados, a game in which men on horseback attempt to flip a bull by its tail.
“He’s a Venezuelan cowboy now playing for Texas,” Odor’s uncle told Bleacher Report. “That’s what he is. A Venezuelan cowboy.
“He likes horses. He likes cows. He likes bulls. He likes animals. That’s a lot of the reasons why he loves Texas, because you can find cowboys in Texas, and he loves hanging around them.”
These are in fact the horses that sealed the Odor deal. This is not a joke pic.twitter.com/O0Ka03RXRb
— Evan Grant (@Evan_P_Grant) March 30, 2017