- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Racquel Smith, Wife of Former NFL Star Will Smith, Accepts His MBA “Details”
- Updated: May 7, 2016
Racquel Smith, widow of former New Orleans Saints player Will Smith, accepted his graduate degree posthumously Thursday.
The Saints tweeted a video of the graduation ceremony on Thursday night, showing Racquel Smith being pushed across the stage in her wheelchair as the crowd applauded the announcement. She accepted the degree, which was awarded to Will Smith posthumously.
Her husband was killed and she was shot in each of her legs on the night of April 9 when a traffic incident turned into a fatal confrontation.
“She was extremely proud of Will,” a publicist for the Smith family, Lauren Renschler, told the Associated Press after Racquel accepted the degree.
Will Smith, 34, was part of the inaugural class in Miami’s Executive MBA for Artists and Athletes program, an 18-month course of study. He also was considering a coaching internship with the Saints this summer.
Smith’s playing career ended in 2014 after he spent his first 10 seasons in New Orleans.
Suspect Cardell Hayes has been charged with the second-degree murder of Will Smith and the attempted murder of Racquel Smith.
— New Orleans Saints (@Saints) May 6, 2016