- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Powerball drawing Tonight on [email protected]… Jackpot reaches $348M “Details”
- Updated: May 5, 2016
The next Powerball drawing is at 11 pm ET. And if there’s no winning ticket, it will mark the 18th consecutive drawing without one — so the jackpot will keep growing.
Once the jackpots in multistate lottery games reach $300 million or more, interest and ticket sales climb significantly, experts say.
Wednesday night’s $348 million jackpot marks the second straight drawing in which the big prize is more than $300 million and the 17th straight without a grand-prize winner.
No one matched Saturday’s numbers 3, 12, 16, 32, 34 and the Powerball of 14, increasing the jackpot from $314 million.
One ticket sold at Kings Pharmacy on Hudson Street in the TriBeCa area of Manhattan matched all five numbers but not the Powerball; that ticket was worth $1 million, lottery officials said.
The lump sum value of Wednesday’s grand prize is $226.1 million.
The $348 million ranks 15th all-time among the largest grand prizes in U.S. lottery history, far behind the $1.586 billion prize split three ways for the Jan. 13 Powerball game.
Powerball tickets are sold in 44 states, as well as the District of Columbia, the U.S. Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico.