Paul Kitterman found Safe, Back With Family

Paul Kitterman found Safe, Back With Family

Paul Kitterman, the 53-year-old father who went missing during halftime at Thursday’s Denver Broncos-San Diego Chargers game, has been found safe, police said.

The Denver Police Department says a man missing since last Thursday’s Broncos-Chargers game has been found and is safe.

Kitterman was found near a Pueblo furniture store along the I-25 service road, near W. 31st Street. KRDO reported that a concerned citizen recognized him and contacted police.

When he was found, Kitterman told Pueblo Police he just liked going for walks, according to Capt. Eric Bravo. His family was on their way to pick him up Tuesday night.

A friend of the 53-year-old told 7NEWS that Kitterman was with a group of friends and his son in the south stands at Sports Authority Field, on Oct. 23, when he stepped away to the restroom during halftime and never came back.

“He was in a good mood, he was happy. I mean, his first Broncos game and he had his stepson with him down at the game. They’d been hunting all day, he was great,” said Tia Bakke, a friend who was with him at the game.

Bakke and a friend had invited Kitterman and his stepson to the game but they ended up sitting in different sections — Kitterman and his stepson were seated in section 230.

Kitterman, an unmarried construction worker and ranch hand, did not have his cell phone or any credit cards with him at the game. He only had about $50 cash with him, Bakke told ABC News.

Police and friends had been searching for Kitterman since his disappearance. A body found near Sports Authority Field on Tuesday morning raised concern but police said it didn’t appear to be the missing man. The identity of that body has not been released.