- Rougned Odor contract extension by giving him two horses
- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Updated: February 29, 2016
Orioles ban postgame pie celebrations? Over the last several years, the Baltimore Orioles often celebrated victories with centre fielder Adam Jones smashing a pie in the hero’s face. Among the teammates he tagged, in fact, was Felix Pie.
Now, the team has decided to end the practice for safety reasons.
The ritual became so ingrained that Jones arranged with a local bakery to furnish the pies. Not all players were fond of Jones’ antics, which generally came when an Orioles player was being interviewed on television.
Jones tweeted the news on Saturday.
“It’s no one’s fault. It’s just about safety. At the end of the day it can be dangerous so we’re being smart,” Jones wrote.
Baltimore players will try and come up with a less hazardous celebration.