- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Moritz Boehringer: ‘German wide’ receiver’s Pro Day eye opening
- Updated: April 3, 2016
Moritz Boehringer was not getting the exposure that he needed in his homeland so he traveled across the Atlantic Ocean to participate in Florida Atlantic’s Pro Day on Thursday.
A wide receiver the Vikings reportedly had a meeting with Wednesday night has worked out for pro scouts and posted “Olympian” numbers.
That wide receiver is Moritz Boehringer and he is currently getting the hype-up treatment from scouts and draft experts.
If you haven’t heard of Moritz Boehringer, then you obviously don’t follow the German Football League. I personally don’t follow the German Football League, so I never heard of this guy.
The Minnesota Vikings have however heard of this guy, and they are reportedly among several teams showing interest.
After lighting up the German Football League as a 22-year-old rookie, Boehringer came over to work out at Florida Atlantic University pro day. Tony Pauline of Draft Insider reports that Boehringer came in at 6-4, 222 and ran anywhere from a 4.38 to a 4.45 forty while posting a 39-inch vertical jump, a 10-11 broad jump, a 4.09 in the short shuttle and a 6.64 in the three-cone.
Pauline describes the work out as “Olympian.” Apparently people are gushing about this guy, as Pauline noted via Walter Football:
I’ve heard everything from “he’s a legitimate prospect” to “he could go as early as the fourth round.” The receiver had dinner with the Minnesota Vikings last night then sat with every team in attendance after the workout, all of whom have requested film
In a report about Boehringer from NFL.com, expert Gil Brandt called the receiver “the kind of guy you rush out to see.”
Boehringer has been playing football for just four years and being 22, has to go through the draft process. The Cardinals, Packers and Broncos also reportedly have shown interest.
You can’t blame teams for being interested in this guy. He is after all Olympian.
In other scouting news, Mike Zimmer and Rick Spielman were at TCU pro day today to have an up-close-and-personal look at wide receiver Josh Doctson. Zimmer even took some time to personally test out Doctson’s skills at beating the press.