- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Mike Trout: Angels star uninjured in Southern California car crash
- Updated: September 1, 2016
LA Angels outfielder Mike Trout was involved in an accident that injured another motorist on the 55 Freeway on Wednesday night, the California Highway Patrol said.
The crash happened around 9 p.m. near the McFadden exit, right after the Angels’ 3-0 win against Cincinnati.
A witness said it appeared Trout was trying to avoid another crash on the freeway when the brakes on his Mercedes-Benz locked up and he struck another vehicle.
A female driver in that other car was trapped and had to be extricated by rescue crews. She was transported to a local hospital, but an update on her condition was not immediately available.
The Angels’ general manager released the following statement via Twitter:
— Angels (@Angels) September 1, 2016
Trout, who did not play Wednesday night, was seen walking around and talking to firefighters after the crash.
He and the rest of the team were slated to travel to Seattle Thursday afternoon ahead of a game against the Mariners Friday night.