- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Max Scherzer Plays Catch With Young Fan In The Stands – Watch
- Updated: May 22, 2016
Max Scherzer of the Washington Nationals might be one of the hottest pitchers in major league baseball right now, but that doesn’t mean he is above playing catch with a fan of the rival team.
The Nationals righthander took some time out of his warm-up routine before Wednesday night’s game at Citi Field to play catch with a young Mets fan in the stands.
Joe La Rocca, a Mets fan from Brooklyn, posted the video of his 11-year-old son, also named Joe, playing catch with Scherzer from the lefttfield stands. At the end of the video, which the elder La Rocca posted to his Twitter account Thursday morning, the younger Joe La Rocca calls the moment “amazing” and says “I’m not giving this ball away. There’s no way.”
Scherzer had pitched in Tuesday night’s series opener, allowing two runs and striking out 10 in 6 1/3 innings as the Mets won a 2-0 pitchers’ duel. In his previous start, he became the fourth pitcher in MLB history to strike out 20 batters in a game.
The elder La Rocca, 50, told Sportact that he and his son go to about 20 Mets games per season. They plan on going to Sunday’s game against the Brewers.
Said the elder La Rocca of young Joe’s newfound Internet fame: “I may need to get my son some glasses and a mustache.”
— Joe La Rocca (@joerock101) May 19, 2016