- Rougned Odor contract extension by giving him two horses
- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
Marek Svatos: Former NHL Star found dead at 34
- Updated: November 8, 2016
Marek Svatos, former NHL forward for the Colorado Avalanche, has died at the age of 34, according to multiple news sources, Marek Svatos’ death was reported by Slovakian journalist and author David Puchovsky, who is president of the Colorado Avalanche’s European fan club, Eurolanche.
Police said they were called to Svatos’ home on Bluffmont Drive about midnight Friday for a medical issue. When officers arrived, they found Svatos was already deceased and the coroner’s office was called.
The International Ice Hockey Federation announced his death Sunday morning but did not say how he died.
“The entire Avalanche organization is extremely saddened by this news,” Avalanche general manager Joe Sakic said in a statement. “Marek was a tremendous person, a talented hockey player and a great teammate. Our thoughts, prayers and our deepest sympathy to his wife, children and his entire family.”
Avalanche center Matt Duchene tweeted that he was “thinking and praying for the Svatos family.”
Very saddened to hear of the passing of former @Avalanche teammate, Marek Svatos. He was a great person and player.
— Matt Duchene (@Matt9Duchene) November 6, 2016
Svatos scored 164 points in 316 games with the Avalanche.