- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Mardan suicide blast: 13 killed, dozens wounded in Pakistan
- Updated: September 2, 2016
MARDAN – 13 people mostly policeman were killed and 40 others were wounded in a suicide blast outside district court here in Mardan this morning.
According to District Police Officer (DPO) Mardan, Faisal Shahzad, the attacker lobbed a hand grenade before exploding himself at the main gate of Mardan district courts, reports the Express Tribune.
The security forces arrived at the spot and cordoned off the area following the blast.
While an investigation is underway, the injured are being shifted to local hospitals.
Chief Rescue Officer in Mardan, Haris Habib, said: “First there was a small blast followed by a big blast,”
Rescue officials have said that the number of injured is expected to rise.
Earlier today, two civilians and at least four terrorists were killed during an attack at Christian Colony near Warsak Dam on the outskirts of Peshawar.
The terrorists tried to enter Christian Colony in Warsak village near Warsak Dam where an Army air defence unit is also stationed.
The security guards and police deployed at the gate of the Christian Colony exchanged fire with terrorists and killed them.