- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Lobster Saved From Pot at Florida restaurant
- Updated: July 22, 2016
A giant, very old lobster was about to be chowda, but was saved at the last minute so he could live out his “golden years.”
The decadesold, 15-pound lobster has been spared from the kettles of a Sunrise, Florida, restaurant and will head to the Maine State Aquarium for retirement.
WPLG-TV reports a rescue group stepped forward to save the venerable crustacean. It’s estimated to be between 60 and 110 years old.
Maine Department of Marine Resources spokesman Jeff Nichols says the lobster will be quarantined to protect other marine life. The aquarium will assess its health, but has no plans beyond that.
Animal welfare group People For The Ethical Treatment of Animals is pushing for the lobster to be released into the wild so it can live out its “golden years at sea.”