- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Leonard Cohen died in sleep after fall at his Los Angeles home
- Updated: November 17, 2016
Leonard Cohen died in his sleep after falling down in the middle of the night at his Los Angeles home, his manager said Wednesday.
In a statement Robert Kory said that “Leonard Cohen died during his sleep following a fall in the middle of the night on Nov. 7.
“The death was sudden, unexpected and peaceful.”
The renowned musician died at his home in Los Angeles. However news of his passing was only confirmed by his family several days later on Facebook without disclosing any further details.
The message read: ‘It is with profound sorrow we report that legendary poet, songwriter and artist, Leonard Cohen has passed away.”
Earlier this week, his son Adam confirmed that Cohen had been laid to rest in private in Montreal alongside his parents.
In an emotional Facebook post Adam said that his father was buried “with only immediate family and a few lifelong friends present, he was lowered into the ground in an unadorned pine box, next to his mother and father. Exactly as he’d asked.”
A memorial for the late singer is due to take place in Los Angeles at a later date.
Cohen’s death came just weeks after he said he was “ready to die” in a magazine interview and just a month after he released his 14th and final studio album, You Want It Darker.