- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Kyle Busch wins first NASCAR Sprint Cup title “Watch”
- Updated: November 23, 2015
Kyle Busch won the Sprint Cup championship over Kevin Harvick, Jeff Gordon and Martin Truex Jr. Sunday at Homestead-Miami Speedway, the final race of the 2015 NASCAR season.
Kyle Busch started the season in a hospital bed in Daytona Beach and ended it with a trip to the championship stage in Homestead.
The 30-year-old Busch beat fellow title contenders Kevin Harvick, Jeff Gordon and Martin Truex Jr. to the checkered flag Sunday. Harvick was the defending series champion. Gordon, who is retiring, was the overwhelming sentimental favorite. Truex was the underdog driving for the small team.
Busch bested them all and joined his older brother, Kurt, as a champion. Kurt won the title in 2004.
Busch, who missed the first 11 races because of a broken right leg and left foot, edged Brad Keselowski on the final restart with seven laps to go in the 400-mile race at Homestead-Miami Speedway.
Harvick finished second, with Gordon sixth and Truex 12th.
Sportact Editors and Wire Services