- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Kurt Cobain Shotgun: Seattle Police release images of gun Nirvana frontman used in suicide
- Updated: March 19, 2016
Kurt Cobain shotgun images released by Seattle police.
For reasons unknown, photos of the shotgun Nirvana frontman Kurt Cobain used to kill himself more than 20 years ago have been released to the public by the Seattle police.
As pointed out by Associated Press, the photos were taken in June 2015 and inputed into the city of Seattle’s computer system earlier this month. Added to the police’s investigative file, they were posted on the SPD’s website this past Wednesday (March 16). They picture Seattle police cold case Detective Mike Ciesynski holding the shotgun at multiple angles.
Why the photos were taken last year, or released to the public this week, remains unclear.
Cobain’s body had been found in his Seattle home on April 8, 1994. The rock icon is said to have taken a massive dose of heroin ahead of shooting himself with a 20-gauge shotgun. The death was ruled a suicide.
In 2014, marking the 20th anniversary of his death, Ciesynski reviewed the case file and discovered four rolls of undeveloped film taken from the scene. He did not find any new evidence to alter the police department’s earlier conclusion that Cobain had taken his own life.