- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Kaufman Walmart shooting: One killed, another critically injured in apparent murder-suicide attempt “Watch”
- Updated: March 23, 2016
KAUFMAN – A Walmart in Kaufman has been evacuated after a deadly shooting within the store.
While authorities originally reported two people were dead at the scene of a shooting in Kaufman, they now say one person is dead and the second injured.
The sheriff department confirmed shots were fired Tuesday morning inside the store’s garden center, located at 300 block of Kings Fort Parkway.
A man fatally shot an employee and then turned the gun on himself, said Capt. Fred Klingelberger, with the Kaufman County Sheriff’s Department.
The captain says the 59-year-old victim was pronounced dead at the scene and the 55-year-old shooter, who wasn’t an employee at the store, was transported to a hospital by helicopter.
While there were others within the store at the time of the shooting, the shooter specifically targeted the employee, Klingelberger said.
“At this time, we understand there was an ongoing feud between the subjects,” he said. “As you can understand, the investigation is very early and we’re still looking into that.”
At about 10 a.m., Kaufman ISD schools were temporarily placed on lockdowns as crews worked to clear the scene. The lockdowns were lifted about 30 minutes later.