- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Jordan Brown: ‘Gay Pastor’ Drops Whole Foods Lawsuit Over Hate Cake Fake
- Updated: May 17, 2016
Jordan Brown, the Texas pastor who sued Whole Foods after (so he claimed) a store employee wrote an anti-gay slur on a cake he ordered, is dropping his lawsuit and now says he was “wrong to pursue this matter.”
Jordan Brown made the initial allegations more than three weeks ago. The openly gay pastor said at the time that he ordered a cake with the phrase “Love Wins” on it and instead got a cake with that phrase and a homophobic slur on it.
Whole Foods has now dropped their counter suit after “the truth has come to light,” according to a statement from the company.
Jordan Brown said in a statement Monday morning that he was “wrong to pursue this matter and use the media to perpetuate this story.”
“I want to apologize to Whole Foods and its team members for questioning the company’s commitment to its values, and especially the baker associate who I understand was put in a terrible position because of my actions,” Brown said in his statement Monday.
Jordan Brown continued, “I apologize to the LGBT community for diverting attention from real issues. I also want to apologize to my partner, my family, my church family, and my attorney.”
Jordan Brown was represented in the initial lawsuit by Austin Kaplan. Whole Foods immediately fought back against the lawsuit when it was initially filed with a countersuit. The company released surveillance video showing Brown purchasing the cake and also said at the time that they stood behind their team member in the suit.