- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Joey Feek Funeral Update: Country singer laid to rest in a simple, private ceremony on “family farm”
- Updated: March 12, 2016
Joey Feek Laid to Rest During Private Family Funeral.
Joey Feek died at the age of 40 on Friday, March 4th, nearly two years after she was diagnosed with cervical cancer shortly after her daughter Indiana was born.
According to US Weekly, a representative for the family said she was surrounded by family and friends when she passed.
The also shared the following statement:
“Joey had been fighting stage IV cancer for nine months, surrounded by the love and support of countless family members, friends, loved ones, longtime followers of her music and even strangers who were inspired by her life. Joey was known for her beautiful voice, beautiful smile and beautiful marriage partnership with Rory Feek. Together they shared a life built around a love of faith, family, farming and country music. Their stories, which ranged from growing vegetables to their blossoming as a country music duo, have impacted countless people through television, radio and performances. While grateful for numerous accolades and countless career dreams that came true, Joey found the real meaning and joys of life to be one of love for her GOD, love for her home and family, love for planting and growing and love for sharing with everyone she knew. Her roles as wife and mother are often heralded beyond her celebrity successes.”
Joey and Rory share 2-year-old daughter Indiana. Joey leaves behind her husband, Indiana, her husband’s children from a previous relationship — Heidi and Hopie – as well as her mother, father and three sisters.
The family has asked that in lieu of flowers, a donation can be sent to Joey and Indy at PO Box 5471 Vancouver, WA 98668.