- Rougned Odor contract extension by giving him two horses
- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
Joey Feek Cancer Update: Rory Feek Says His Wife Joey Has Said Her “Final Goodbyes”
- Updated: March 3, 2016
After fighting with her cancer for months, Joey Feek is on the brink of death. Her husband Rory Feek confirmed this in his latest blogpost. He mentioned that his bride had stopped fighting with her ailment and said her final goodbyes to her loved ones.
Time is running out for ailing country singer Joey Feek, 40, as her battle with cancer appears to be almost over, according to her husband Rory, 49. In a revealing new blog post he explains that her body has had about all it can take in her fight for survival, and that she only has a few days at the most to live. She’s even said her final goodbyes to her family members knowing that the end is near.
“Joey gathered her family together around her and she said goodbye to each of them… to her mother and father and her three sisters. There were lots of tears as she explained to each one how much she loved them and that she was going to be going home soon. That her time here was done and she was going to go to sleep soon,” Rory revealed in a heartbreaking blog post Feb. 29, and noted she’s even said farewell to her little girl Indiana, two.
“And then she asked me to bring our baby in. And so…I set our little Indy on Joey’s lap and we all cried with my wife as she told her how much her mama loved her and ‘you be a big girl for your papa and that mama will be watching over you.’ And then she pulled Indiana up and she kissed her,” Rory continued, including a touching shot of mother and daughter.
Rory made the tragic revelation that his beloved wife only has a few days to live. “My wife has been asleep for days now and her body is shutting down quickly. The hospice nurse came again this morning and said Joey will most likely only be with us for a few more days…at the most.” How devastating!
“A few more days…In the 40 short years that Joey has lived, my bride has accomplished many great things…she’s lived a very full life. But even more than that, she has loved those around her greatly and been loved greatly in return. I can honestly say that Joey’s isn’t just a life well-lived, it’s a life well-loved.” Well said Rory.
Our thoughts are with Rory and Joey during this heartbreaking time.