Joanna Audoire : Woman threatens to sue McDonald’s after suffering painful burns from spilled tea

Joanna Audoire : Woman threatens to sue McDonald's after suffering painful burns from spilled tea

Joanna Audoire to sue McDonald’s after suffering burns from spilled tea, Shocked Joanna, 44, bought a breakfast, a cup of tea, and a Coke from the fast food restaurant to enjoy in her car after a shopping trip.

But she claims the lid was not fitted properly and when she sat down boiling water tipped all over her legs.

The mother-of-three said: “I am seriously considering legal action for the time I have had to take off work and for the injury and trauma I have suffered.

“I was in immense pain. They need to take some responsibility for serving the tea as hot as that with a flimsy lid.

“When will they improve it? When a child is seriously burnt? It makes me cross.

“The lid couldn’t have been on properly, and I know tea is hot, but was it too hot on this occasion? I think it was.

“It was very very painful. It shouldn’t have happened.”

Joanna Audoire, from Broxbourne in Hertfordshire, was shopping with her friend Karen Prodromou when they went to the McDonald’s branch in Waltham Abbey, Essex.

Joanna Audoire then went to sit in the passenger seat of a car and noticed that her Coke which was in a cardboard holder with the tea – was about to topple.

She reached to grab it but she claimed the lid on the hot drink slid off and half a cup of tea covered her legs.

She said: “I jumped out the car and was hopping around. At the time I had no idea the damage that had been caused.

“I got to work and I pulled my trousers down to go to the loo and it was horrible – the skin came off too.

“I got to the walk in centre and the treated it. They said it will probably scar.”

A nurse a few days later applied ointment but the skin has now started to bubble and puss has covered her leg.

A spokesman for McDonalds said: “We regret to hear that Ms Audoire sustained an injury following her visit to our restaurant. The safety and wellbeing of our customers and employees is our first priority and all of our restaurant crew are trained to serve hot drinks in a safe manner.

“We are treating this incident very seriously and following Ms Audoire’s recent contact with our Customer Services Department, we have launched a full investigation in to this matter.

“We continue to encourage an open dialogue with Joanna Audoire regarding this matter.”

  • Polish Prince

    Here’s tip you moron.

    If you want to buy a hot beverage like coffee of tea get your arse out of bed earlier so you can drink it at home or in the restaurant.

    And if you want to go through the Drive-thru, order a coke or a diet coke. They both have caffeine.

    I’d love to be on your jury..you’d get zipped.

  • Big Ed

    Just another sponge looking for a free ride. Scarring from a hot drink spilled in a cardboard container? Pus and ooz? I work in a foundry, I know burns major and minor, sounds like she had something else before this.