- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Updated: April 16, 2016
Jason Whitlock was not among those impressed by Kobe Bryant’s Hollywood ending, when the Los Angeles Lakers legend dropped 60 points in his final NBA game.
Jason While the world has been celebrating his career during its final season, capped by the Los Angeles Lakers legend scoring 60 points in his final NBA game, Whitlock feels there are other parts of Kobe that have been ignored amid the mass fawning.
“His narcissism and selfishness destroyed a franchise,” Whitlock said. “The Lakers are a laughing stock, and just had the most embarrassing season we’ve pretty much ever seen an NBA team have.”
He went on to accuse Bryant of really only doing a pretty good Michael Jordan impersonation, one that apparently spanned his entire 20-year career: “The most fraudulent superstar celebrity athlete we have ever seen,” was how Whitlock summed the future Hall-of-Famer up.
Even the A-list stars in attendance at the Staples Center Wednesday night drew Whitlock’s wrath.
“And Jack Nicholson and everybody’s sitting at courtside celebrating this, standing ovation,” he said on Thursday’s “The Herd.” “That game last night was hot garbage.”