- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
George Mason: Students were apparently trying to make a bomb in their dorm room “Details”
- Updated: March 23, 2016
Three students at George Mason University were arrested after alleged bomb-making materials were found in a dorm room, according to the daily incident report on the University’s website.
According to U.S. News, police originally found “a leafy green substance” when they originally responded to the report and confronted the students, but when they returned with a search warrant, they also found “match books, shaved match heads, a mortar and pedestal, lighter fluid, hand sanitizer candles and a PVC pipe” in the room. Court documents obtained by U.S. News say these items could be combined to make explosives.
Student and fellow Jefferson Hall resident Sydney Cono told FOX 5 she was surprised no one on her floor knew about the potential explosives but that she was relieved they’d been discovered: “Explosive are very, very harmful, but at least the police caught it before something bad could have potentially happened.” The interim chief of police’s letter said there was currently “no ongoing threat to the campus community,” but that authorities are still investigating.
The arrested students have not yet been named.