- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Fox: “Channing Tatum’s Gambit” Pulled From 2016 Release
- Updated: March 2, 2016
Collider reports that Fox has pulled Gambit’s October 2016 release and scheduled two dates for unknown Marvel films.
Bosses at 20th Century Fox had originally set Gambit for release in October, but the film has yet to begin production and it has since been removed from the studio’s upcoming slate of projects.
Channing has long been interested in portraying the card-throwing mutant onscreen and he first became linked to the Marvel movie in 2014.
However, the project has suffered a series of setbacks. The Rise of the Planet of the Apes director Rupert Wyatt had initially been attached to take charge of the film, but he dropped out in September due to a scheduling conflict.
The Bourne Identity’s Doug Liman subsequently signed on in November, when the shoot was previously set to get underway, and production was then postponed until March.
It is not yet known if Fox plans to stick to the same start date now the release has also been pushed back.
Channing will co-produce the movie, in which he will star as Marvel comic book character Remy LeBeau and his mutant alter-ego Gambit, who was previously portrayed onscreen by Taylor Kitsch in 2009’s X-Men: Origins.
Former Bond girl Lea Seydoux is set to co-star as Gambit’s love interest, Bella Donna Boudreaux, reports Collider.com.
Meanwhile, Fox executives have reserved release slots for two new Marvel projects in October, 2017, and January, 2018. Reports suggest the as-yet-unidentified films could be Liman’s Gambit and the sequel to Ryan Reynolds’ blockbuster epic Deadpool, although officials have yet to comment.