- Rougned Odor contract extension by giving him two horses
- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
Four Overtimes, 3 Buzzer-Beaters: Minnesota High School Basketball Game Brings the Drama “Watch”
- Updated: March 6, 2016
A wild Minnesota high-school basketball game that had 4 overtimes and 3 buzzer-beaters must be seen to be believed.
Minnesota’s Section 2AAA boys basketball championship game between Waseca High School and Marshall High School on Thursday night will go down as one of the most memorable ever.
In the final seconds of regulation, with Waseca leading by three points, Marshall’s Trey Lance pulled up for a 3-pointer at the buzzer. The ball hit the right side of the rim and appeared to have no chance to go in — in fact, a couple of Waseca players started celebrating. But the ball took a surprisingly dead bounce, hit the left side of the rim and fell through to tie the game.
In the third overtime, Marshall’s Reese Winkelman broke a tie when he banked in a shot with 1.7 seconds left while being fouled. After Winkelman completed the three-point play with a free throw, Waseca inbounded the ball to a streaking Nick Dufault, who immediately launched a shot from over 70 feet away. It went straight in, tying the score at 94 and forcing a fourth extra frame.
With 7.5 seconds left in the fourth overtime and the score tied at 100, Waseca appeared trapped by its own baseline before Cole Streich caught a pass on the run, raced upcourt and hit a pull-up trey just before the buzzer for a 103-100 victory.