- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Florida Keys crocodile takes morning dip, in homeowner’s swimming pool – Picture
- Updated: January 23, 2016
FLORIDA – A resident of the Florida Keys found a surprising visitor Thursday in his swimming pool: a more than six-foot-long (two-meter) crocodile.
The Monroe County Sheriff’s Office posted a picture on social media showing a crocodile that had made its way into the backyard pool near mile marker 77 on Lower Matecumbe Key.
Deputies and officers from the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission worked together to remove the rather large crocodile, estimated to be about 8 feet long, from the pool.
“They were very surprised this morning when they woke up and found this, you know, 8-foot crocodile just chilling in their pool,” FWC Officer Bobby Dube told Local 10 News.
The man who lives at the $6 million home moved there four days ago from Pennsylvania.
“He thought it was a toy,” contractor Bob Mceoroy said. “He thought someone put a floatie in the pool.”
Sheriff’s spokeswoman Becky Herrin said the crocodile returned to the ocean.
“When they were just hanging around the pool deciding how they were going to capture this thing, the crocodile decided he had enough and crawled out of the pool and back into the Atlantic Ocean,” Dube said.
Sportact Editors and Wire Services