- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Euromillions UK ticket wins £61m jackpot – Details
- Updated: July 31, 2016
A ticket bought in the UK has won the £61.1m jackpot in the Euromillions draw, the National Lottery says.
A UK ticket holder managed to scoop the incredible jackpot in the Euromillions draw, matching five main numbers and two lucky stars.
In total, they’ve bagged £61,102,442.90. *Whistles*
A National Lottery spokesman said: ‘The UK’s lucky streak is never ending – the £61million Euromillions jackpot is the fourth one to be won here this year.
‘As well as the huge jackpot, five players won a guaranteed £1million and a luxury trip to the Gold Coast in the UK Millionaire Maker.’
In case you want to check your ticket, the winning numbers were: 01, 21, 26, 40 and 50, and the lucky star numbers were 02 and 04.
Two other players outside the UK each won second prize of €798,845, while 10 other UK ticket holders picked up more than £35,000 for matching five numbers.
In the Thunderball, one person won the £500,000 jackpot after matching the winning numbers of 06, 07, 16, 22 and 29, and the Thunderball number 04.
This comes after an unnamed UK ticket holder claimed £51.8million on the Euromillions in April – which itself was just weeks after a British player was the sole winner of a £24.6million jackpot.
But while these prizes are big, they don’t come close to the largest for a UK winner.
In 2011, Colin and Chris Weir from Largs in North Ayrshire scooped £161,653,000 in the Euromillions.