- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Erin Andrews settlement: Sportscaster settles peephole lawsuit against hotel owner – Details
- Updated: April 26, 2016
Erin Andrews reaches settlement with owner of Nashville Marriott.
Sportscaster Erin Andrews settled her lawsuit against a hotel giant in Nashville on Monday, after a stalker filmed her naked through a peephole in her hotel room without her consent.
“This litigation is over,” Randall Kinndard, a lawyer at Kinnard, Clayton & Beveridge in Nashville who represented Andrews told The Tennessean. “Erin Andrews is satisfied with the settlement, the terms of which are confidential.”
The former ESPN sportscaster was awarded $55 million by a Nashville jury in March. The jury said Andrews’ stalker, Michael David Barrett, was responsible for $28 million of that and the hotel owner and operator, West End Hotel Partners and Windsor Capital Group, were responsible for the remaining sum of $27 million. The stalking case, and the hotel being held responsible as negligent owners, was one of the most-talked about cases in celebrity history.
Andrews’ lawyers were expected to ask for more money from the hotel companies and potentially go back to court on Monday morning before the settlement was reached by all parties.
Many have come to the defense of Andrews and have also applauded her for taking on the hotel giant.