- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Eagles Player Accused Of Assault – Details
- Updated: June 11, 2016
Eagles player Nelson Agholor has been accused of sexually assaulting a 27-year-old employee at the Cheerleaders Gentlemen’s Club, according to a report from Philadelphia Magazine. The incident allegedly took place after the Eagles’ final minicamp practice on Thursday.
Philadelphia magazine reports a 27-year-old dancer told police she was raped inside the club at 3 p.m. on Thursday. The report also states Agholor visited the club with teammates Connor Barwin and Fletcher Cox.
The alleged victim reported claims about Agholor in person at Philadelphia’s 3rd District last night at 9 p.m.
“We are aware of the police investigation involving Nelson Agholor,” an Eagles spokesman said in a statement. “The organization has been in contact with Nelson and with the proper authorities in Philadelphia. Because of the legal nature of this matter, we will have no further comment.”
Police commissioner Richard Ross told Philadelphia magazine that detectives are trying to find video footage from the club and Agholor is expected to be interviewed soon.
“There was an allegation made against one of the [Eagles] players of a sexual assault that was reported by one of the female dancers,” Ross said to Philadelphia magazine. “Our Special Victims Unit is actively running on the investigation.”
After being named in the report, Barwin and Cox released separate statements.
“As a result of my name being mentioned in conjunction with this alleged incident, I would like to clarify that I was only present at the establishment for a very short period of time and have no knowledge about anything that happened after I left the establishment,” Barwin said. “I stopped by there for about a half hour to meet my teammates, and left at around 2:30 p.m.”
“Although I was at the establishment with my teammates on Thursday, I want to make it clear I had no involvement in the alleged incident,” Cox said.
Agholor, 23, is entering his second NFL season after being taken by the team in the first round of last year’s draft.
The team finished its mandatory minicamp on Thursday afternoon, shortly before the alleged sexual assault occurred at Cheerleeders on Front Street in South Philadelphia.