The puppy Dwayne Johnson recently saved from his swimming pool has died.
The 43-year-old actor took to Instagram yesterday to sadly reveal he and his girlfriend Lauren Hashian had to make the “painful decision” to take their puppy Brutus off life support after he ate a poisonous mushroom in their yard.
“At approximately 11:15 p.m. last night myself and [Lauren] had to make the painful decision to end Brutus’ suffering by taking him off of life support and sending his soul to pup heaven. I held his lil’ paw as he was finally at peace,” Dwayne captioned a photo of himself holding Brutus at the vet.
“As all puppies and dogs do, he ate a mushroom while playing outside with his brother Hobbs. This mushroom happened to have a lethal toxicity and within hours it was rapidly destroying his liver and immune system to the point of no return. I encourage all of you out there to be mindful of mushrooms in your yards, parks or anywhere outside your dogs play. What looks innocent, can be deadly to your lil’ family members,” he continued.
“We’ll always love you Brutus… and you’ll always be my lil’ main man and rough housing Brute,” the actor wrote.
The San Andreas star and Lauren — who recently announced they are expecting their first child together — previously adopted Brutus over Labor Day weekend.
Our thoughts are with Dwayne and Lauren during this sad time.