- Rougned Odor contract extension by giving him two horses
- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
Doug Baldwin to Carroll: Don’t let rookies wear Marshawn Lynch’s No. 24 “Details”
- Updated: May 3, 2016
As the Seahawks add a class of rookie players to this year’s team, receiver Doug Baldwin has a request: Don’t give anyone the No. 24, worn by running back Marshawn Lynch.
The Seattle Seahawks are hoping they found a replacement for the recently retired Marshawn Lynch in this 2016 NFL Draft. After all, the team did select three running backs during the draft.
This doesn’t mean any one player can replace Lynch, who was the heart and soul of Seattle’s offense for a good five-year span.
Making sure everyone knows this, wide receiver Doug Baldwin took to Twitter to tell head coach Pete Carroll that he doesn’t want any of these rookies wearing Lynch’s No. 24.
We are thrilled with the new teammates. One condition. Nobody wears #24 for years to come.
— Doug Baldwin Jr (@DougBaldwinJr) April 30, 2016
Seattle selected former Notre Dame running back C.J. Prosise in the third round before adding Alex Collins (Arkansas) and Zac Brooks (Clemson) in the later rounds.
Unfortunately for Baldwin, Lynch’s number isn’t retired. Meanwhile, Brooks wore No. 24 during his Clemson years.
It will be interesting to see if the rookie makes this an issue during camp. Though, as the seventh-to-last pick in the draft, he’s better off remaining quiet and getting to work.