- Rougned Odor contract extension by giving him two horses
- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
Dario Gradi: FA to question Crewe’s Gradi over ex-Chelsea scout complaint
- Updated: December 8, 2016
Dario Gradi expected to answer FA questions over ex-Chelsea scout Heath.
The Football Association are to interview Dario Gradi over allegations of helping to ‘smooth over’ a complaint of an alleged child sex assault, according to reports.
A former youth player at Chelsea, where Gradi was assistant manager in the 1970s, claims that he was assaulted by club chief scout Eddie Heath when he was 15.
The former footballer, who cannot be identified for legal reasons, told The Independent: “He [Gradi] came to visit my parents and me to smooth it over.
“I remember him saying something like: ‘[With] Eddie, [football] is his life and he gets a bit close to the boys. I’m sorry if he’s overstepped the mark in his fondness this time.'”
In response, Gradi said in a statement: “Aside from denying any wrongdoing, it would be inappropriate and unfair on all parties to comment piecemeal through the media at this time in connection with historic allegations.
“Suffice to say, I will do everything within my power to assist all investigatory authorities into what is becoming a wide-ranging and important enquiry into historic sexual abuse.”
Heath, who has since died, has been accused of abuse in the 1970s and 1980s by several people.