- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Corey Robinson: Notre Dame WR Blais elected student body president, VP
- Updated: February 12, 2016
Corey Robinson, the son of former San Antonio Spurs great David Robinson, will be the Irish’s new student body president.
Notre Dame wide receiver Corey Robinson will be the leading returning receiver on the Notre Dame football team this fall with 65 career receptions and seven touchdowns, as well as being the figure head of ND’s student government.
Notre Dame’s Judicial Council announced Wednesday that Robinson was elected as this year’s student body President.
Robinson told student newspaper, The Observer, “It feels very humbling to be able to be announced the president of Notre Dame, It is definitely something we’ve been dreaming about for a long time and to be able to be here and lead the student body is just something I’m very thankful for.”
Robinson will be a senior and will have enough credits to graduate this spring should he choose, and as such, would carry a relatively light class schedule into the fall.
There is some precedent of athletes in student government. The student body president two years ago, Alex Coccia, was also a national championship fencer.
Robinson said he and his running mate, sophomore Becca Blais, will officially take office on April 1.
Sportact Editors and Wire Services