- Rougned Odor contract extension by giving him two horses
- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
Chicken of the Sea recalls tuna over possible illness concerns “Details”
- Updated: March 23, 2016
Chicken of the Sea is recalling their chunk light tuna in water and oil because it may have been undercooked and could lead to a “life-threatening contamination,’’ according to the FDA.
Tri-Union Seafoods LLC is voluntarily recalling a 2,745 cases (equal to 107,280 cans) of Chicken of the Sea brand 5 oz. canned chunk light tuna in oil and 5 oz. canned chunk light tuna in water.
This recall has been initiated because the product may have been undercooked due to an equipment malfunction, which was uncovered during a routine inspection. These deviations were part of the commercial sterilization process and could result in contamination by spoilage organisms or pathogens, which could lead to life-threatening illness if consumed. There have been no reported illnesses to date connected with the affected products, and Tri-Union Seafoods LLC is issuing this voluntary recall to ensure the highest level of safety and quality.
The UPC code, Best By date and lot codes are used to determine the products involved. The UPC code (also known as the bar code) is found on the label of the product. The Best By date is printed on the bottom of the can. The product lot codes that are part of this voluntary recall can also be found on the bottom of the can.
The specific products being recalled are as follows:
Chicken of the Sea 5 Oz. Canned Chunk Light Tuna in Oil
Chicken of the Sea Brand 5 oz. canned chunk light tuna in oil sold at retailers nationwide in single cans between Feb. 10, 2016 and March 16, 2016.
The UPC code is 0 4800000195 5 and the Best By date is 2/10/19.
|LOT CODE||BEST BY DATE|
Chicken of the Sea 5 Oz. Canned Chunk Light Tuna in Water
Chicken of the Sea Brand 5 oz. canned chunk light tuna in water sold at retailers nationwide in single cans between Feb. 18, 2016 and March 16, 2016.