- Rougned Odor contract extension by giving him two horses
- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
Carmelo Anthony gets a surprise hug from a determined little fan – Watch
- Updated: March 30, 2016
Carmelo Anthony says he was ‘shocked’ when a child ran onto the court to hug him in the final minutes of the team’s 99-91 loss to the New Orleans Pelicans on Monday night.
A young boy ran onto the court during a Monday night (Mar. 28) New York Knicks/New Orleans Pelicans game at the Smoothie King Center in NOLA to do something absolutely adorable.
During a stoppage in the final minute of the game (in which the Knicks lost 99-91), the boy rushed to the court, hugged Carmelo Anthony, and then was rushed away by the game’s official, Kevin Cutler, ESPN reports. This could warrant a fine for the boy and his guardian, who looked embarrassed as the child was escorted back to the stands, but it was just so cute!
Carmelo Anthony’s initial reaction was one of shock, but he let the young boy hug him and he gave him a pat on the head, he told the press after the game.
“It was a little kid. I was shocked. I didn’t really know who it was until I actually looked over and saw that it was a kid,” he said of the court rush. “Definitely a security issue, though, for sure.”
— NEW YORK KNICKS (@nyknicks) March 29, 2016