- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Boston Gang Sweep: More Than two Dozen People Charged “Details”
- Updated: March 25, 2016
More than two dozen people have been charged with state and federal drug and gun crimes as part of a gang sweep at a Boston housing project.
The arrests followed a 15-month investigation into the alleged Lenox Street Cardinals gang, which prosecutors contend traffic cocaine, heroin, methamphetamines and guns through Boston neighborhoods.
“Through their sale of weapons and drugs, these defendants bring violence, fear and intimidation to a community in the heart of this city,” said Carmen Ortiz, the U.S. Attorney in Boston, in a statement. “Lenox Street’s residents, surrounded by illegal activity and the violence that accompanies it, are made to feel like prisoners in their own homes.”
The defendants face a range of federal charges, including distribution of a controlled substance within 1,000 feet of a public housing project, and state charges that include distribution of cocaine, heroin, methamphetamines and the sale of illegal firearms.