- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Bike race crash: Stalled motorcycle causes massive pileup in cycling race “Watch”
- Updated: May 4, 2016
Stalled motorcycle causes huge crash at New York bike race.
Cyclists flipped over their handlebars and flew off bikes as they dramatically crashed at high speed on the streets of New York on Saturday night.
The carnage during the Red Hook Criterium race happened after the motorbike apparently broke down in the middle of the course.
Riders ended up sprawled on the ground in a mass tangle of bikes and bodies. At least seven were taken to hospital according to local reports.
Spectator Lauren Evans described seeing lots of riders covered in blood after the crash.
She told the Gothamist website: “It was a disaster. Basically the motorcycle that rides ahead of the group stalled, and there was just a huge pile-up of riders who couldn’t get around him in time.”
The motorcyclist apparently stalled on one of the tightest parts of the course. Several riders managed to swerve out of the way before the crash unfolded.
Gothamist reported that none of the injuries were life-threatening.
The Red Hook Criterium is fixed-gear bike race taking place on the streets of Brooklyn.