- Rougned Odor contract extension by giving him two horses
- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
Barack Obama goes kitesurfing? Obama kitesurfs to victory in challenge from Branson (Watch)
- Updated: February 9, 2017
Barack Obama goes kitesurfing on a private island, and there’s video to prove it.
Former President Barack Obama is enjoying his much-deserved vacation after, you know, serving as our president for the last eight years. He and Michelle are in the British Virgin Islands right now, vacaying with billionaire Richard Branson on his private island, known as Necker Island, for some epic kitesurfing and goofing around.
Branson penned a blog post on Tuesday that shared some details about the Obama’s vacation, sharing that Barack finally had a chance to enjoy water sports after a long hiatus. “One of the first stories Barack told me when he and Michelle arrived on Moskito Island was how, just before he became President, he had been surfing on a dangerous break in Hawaii,” Richard wrote. “The new head of his security team turned to him and said: ‘This will be the last time you surf for eight years.'”
Barack’s story evolved into friendly competition between the former president and Richard. “Could Barack learn to kitesurf before I learned to foilboard?” Richard wrote. “We agreed to have a final day battle to see who could stay up the longest.” And, spoiler alert, Barack totally schooled Richard.
Barack, you totally deserve it, but we can’t help but feel a little FOMO (and also, when are you coming back to the U.S. again?). Check out footage of his kitesurfing adventure, and then resume your efforts to move to the BVI.