- Jose Bautista punched in the jaw during huge brawl with Rangers – Watch
- NASCAR revises lug nut policy after Stewart’s criticism – Details
- Harden should’ve been called for foul on game-winner NBA says – Details
- Jason Whitlock calls Kobe Bryant a fraudulent celebrity athlete ‘Watch’
- Jason Heyward Bees Attack Delays Cubs-Mariners Game “Watch”
- Tray Walker: “Ravens cornerback” Dies of Injuries From Dirt Bike Crash, sad day for NFL
- Victor Cruz Willing To Accept Pay Cut To Stay With New York Giants “Details”
- Orioles ban pie celebrations due to safety concerns ‘Details’
- Marc Gasol: “Memphis Grizzlies center” out the rest of the season
- Vince Carter matches Drummond with impressive 3/4 court shot – Watch
Abeba Aregawi: Swedish 2013 world champ fails dope test “Details”
- Updated: March 2, 2016
Abeba Aregawi has been provisionally suspended after testing positive for a banned substance.
A spokesman for the Federation says Abeba Aregawi tested positive in an out-of-competition test conducted by the IAAF, and that a B sample will be analysed in due course.
Abeba Aregawi won the world title in Moscow in 2013 in a race in which Great Britain’s Hannah England finished fourth but there is no suggestion Aregawi’s performance in that race is under scrutiny.
The Ethiopia-born Abeba Aregawi began competing for Sweden in 2012 and also went on to win the world indoor title in Sopot in 2014.
Stefan Olsson, general secretary of Sweden’s national federation said: “It is with dismay and extreme disappointment we have to make this statement.
“We are totally opposed to all forms of cheating, doping and illicit substances. We have zero tolerance and this is totally unacceptable.”
Aregawi’s Dutch manager Jos Hermens told the Expressen newspaper: “We can’t understand it. We are trying to work out what has happened. It’s very strange.”